When to Report Property Damage to a Public Claims Adjuster

When to Report Property Damage to a Public Claims Adjuster


Even the smallest amount of property damage can have major consequences. From mildew patches on your ceiling to water-stained walls, it is important to take note of any irregularities that may be occurring in your home and report them immediately to a public claims adjuster. Here are some common signs of property damage that you should keep an eye out for if you live in Central Florida.

Stained Walls or Ceilings

Water stains are often one of the most obvious indicators of property damage. If you notice any discoloration on your walls or ceilings, it could be due to water seeping through from another part of the building. This is especially true if you live in an area with high humidity levels, as this can cause moisture to evaporate into the air and eventually settle onto your walls or ceilings.


Mold & Mildew Growth

Mold and mildew growth can also be indicative of property damage. These two fungi thrive in moist conditions and can often be found growing on walls, ceilings, and floors when there is a leak somewhere in the house. If you notice any suspicious growths in your home, it’s important to contact a public claims adjuster right away so they can investigate the cause of the problem and help you get compensated for any damages that have occurred.


Unexplained Odors & Sounds

Unexplained odors or sounds coming from within your home can also be an indicator that something isn’t quite right. If you smell anything unusual—such as musty odors or smoke—or hear strange noises like dripping water or creaking boards, there’s a chance that something has gone wrong inside your house and needs to be addressed by a professional public claims adjuster as soon as possible.


It is vital for homeowners in Central Florida to keep an eye out for small signs of property damage that may seem insignificant but could actually lead to much bigger problems down the line if not taken care of quickly. By keeping these tips in mind, you will be able to spot potential issues before they become serious problems—and save yourself from costly repairs further down the road! Be sure to contact a public claims adjuster at the first sign of trouble so they can investigate and provide assistance with getting compensation for any damages incurred.

Ultra has over 39 years experience handling property damage insurance claims all working together professionally to provide our clients with the best service available from start to finish. Contact us and let us help you ensure your Maximum Recovery today.

To Top